1. Stylecraft Australia Pty Ltd ACN 105 434 026 (Stylecraft) is committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping your personal information safe. We will take all necessary measures to fulfil this commitment, including to:
(a) comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs);
(b) ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
(c) only collect personal information from you that we need in order to:
(i) provide you with our requested products or services;
(ii) to facilitate any payment of your sales orders or invoices;
(iii) fulfil or respond to any of your queries, questions, requests or comments;
(iv) offer you the best possible customer service and experience;
(d) tell you how we might use your personal information;
(e) let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else (including anyone overseas) and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
(f) keep your personal information secure;
(g) respond promptly and appropriately to any incident where your personal information may be compromised, including where your personal information is lost, or subject to unauthorised access, modification, use or disclosure or other misuse;
(h) promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
(i) make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and
(j) ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
2. This policy is intended to explain clearly and in plain language some of the key processes and procedures that we have implemented to manage your personal information, to protect your privacy and to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Act) and the APPs.
3. References to “Stylecraft”, “our”, “us” and “we” in this policy are references to Stylecraft Australia Pty Ltd 105 434 026.
4. This policy gives a broad overview of our policies in relation to privacy and the handling of your personal information but if you require further information, you are welcome to contact us or to read any of the privacy statements or notices that will be issued to you as and when personal information is collected.
6. We will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable us to fulfil your request or to provide to you the best possible customer service and experience.
7. Depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you and the type of products you request from us, we may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
(a) information that we may require to initially identify you, including but not limited: to your full name (or the name and identification details of your business), age, date of birth and job title;
(b) information that we can use to contact you, including but not limited to:
(i) personal or business telephone numbers, mobile numbers;
(ii) personal or business email address;
(iii) personal or business mailing address; and
(iv) personal or business social media account names, such as your Instagram handle, Facebook username;
(c) information that we will require when registering you as a user of our website and opening an account on our website for you, including but not limited to:
(i) personal details, such as full name (or the name and identification details of your business), age, date of birth, job title and any identification documents; and
(ii) contact details, such as your telephone mobile number, email address and mailing address;
(d) information that may be relevant in processing deposits and payments through our platform and including but not limited to your credit card number, name on the credit card, credit card expiry date and credit card security code, bank account type, bank account name, bank account number or IBAN, BSB, BIC/SWIFT codes, name and address of your bank;
(e) any other information that may be relevant to processing your requests for our products or services or to answer any questions you may have in relation to our products or services including but not limited to information such as further contact details and your availabilities;
(f) information that may be used for statistical purposes, or to improve our performance, offering, social media accounts or the Stylecraft Website, including but not limited to your IP address and the operating system and internet browser you are using to access our social media accounts, the date and time of your visit of our social media accounts or the Stylecraft Website, the actions and interactions undertaken on our social media accounts or the Stylecraft Website e.g. any shares or likes of posts, the pages you have accessed on social media accounts or the Stylecraft Website, the previous searches conducted by yourself through our social media accounts or the Stylecraft Website (if any), and previous services provided to you through our Stylecraft Website (if any).
8. The information we require from you will depend on the specific products or services that we are providing to you. We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require in order to fulfil your request or satisfactorily provide products or services that you require from us.
9. The Act places restrictions on us collecting sensitive information about you (which includes information about your religion, political views, ethnicity, criminal records and sexual preferences). Generally we will not collect this type of information, however we may need to collect some sensitive information if you are applying for a job with us, and you have provided us with your consent to do so.
10. There are various reasons why we might need to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information and this will depend upon the specific products or services that we are providing to you but we will tell you the main reason for asking for your personal information at the time when we ask you to provide it.
11. Usually, the main reason that we will need to collect your personal information will be relating to a product or service that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you in relation to those products or services. Our main reason for collecting your personal information will also revolve around providing support to you and/or processing any of your queries or requests for our products or services.
12. We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
(a) to register you as a user of our website and to open an account on our website for you;
(b) to contact you in relation to special offers or discounts or a new range of products that you might be interested in;
(c) to email any news related to us, updates, notifications or marketing material;
(d) to enforce our policies;
(e) preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
(f) to assist us to run our business and to improve our performance, offering, social media accounts or the Stylecraft Website including for staff training, accounting and auditing, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, developing new products and services and undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis and data analytics; and
(g) to comply with our legal obligations.
13. There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to satisfy any requests or to provide the information or the services that you require.
14. The means by which we collect your personal information will depend on the nature of the services that we are providing to you.
15. We may collect your personal information:
(a) directly from you, either in person, via email or our Stylecraft Websites or any other social media platforms or over the phone;
(b) when you complete any request, whether in person or online, which requires that we process your requests for services provided by us, such as the purchase of a product; and
(c) from publicly available sources, for example, the electoral role, the telephone directory or from third parties including but not limited to third party service providers or other third party websites, social media accounts or apps.
16. We will always collect your personal information directly from you unless it is impracticable to do so.
17. Wherever possible, we will collect personal information directly from the relevant individual to whom that information relates.
18. You represent and warrant to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person:
(a) you are authorised to provide that information to us;
(b) you have obtained the express consent of the individual to disclose their personal information to us for the use of that personal information by us, including for the purposes outlined in this policy;
(c) you have complied with the Privacy Act, including the APPs in collecting that personal information, including by making all relevant notifications required under APP 5 in relation to our use of their personal information; and
20. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
(a) to consider your request for our products or services;
(b) to enable us to provide our products or services to you;
(c) to carry out, or respond to, your requests or questions;
(d) to enforce our policies;
(e) to our third party service providers, including but not limited to any third party service providers who:
(ii) any third party payment platform integrated via the Stylecraft Website and
which will assist with facilitating, processing and collecting payments from you; and
(iii) any other third party service providers who assist us in providing, and improving, our services to you, and to analyse market trends and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
(f) for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
(g) to relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks;
(h) to various courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies as required by law, including but not limited to protecting against fraud and for related security purposes, or to establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
(i) to respond to any claims that content which you submitted violates the rights of any other person;
(j) to protect the rights of any person;
(k) to perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and collecting debts);
(l) to use in direct marketing of promotions, offers, deals, products and services that we, or our third party service providers, think may be of interest to you;
(m) to seek your feedback in relation to our products or services, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints;
(n) to companies or entities related to us for any of the purposes referred to in this policy;
(o) to our business partners or suppliers, where from time to time, we may partner with another companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded products or services and may share your information with our co-sponsor;
(p) to another company and its related entities, in the event that we, our social media accounts, our Stylecraft Website or a related asset or line of business is acquired by or transferred to that other company;
(q) to monitor or improve the quality and standard of products and services that we provide to you;
(r) to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against us;
(s) to our employees, insurer, third party contactors or to our sponsors on a confidential basis;
(t) to our agents, successors and/or assigns;
(u) to companies or entities who we are acting as agent or publisher, such as societies or our affiliated companies;
(v) to any person as authorised by you;
(w) to better understand your preferences; and
(x) where such a disclosure is permitted under the Act.
29. As part of the products or services that we provide to you, we may:
(a) use personal information that we have collected about you to identify a product or service that may benefit you;
(b) contact you from time to time to let you know about a product or service or event that we believe you might be interested in; and
(c) disclose your personal information to any third parties or to any entities or companies related to us to enable them to tell you about a product or service that you might be interested in.
30. Where we intend to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, we will seek your consent to do so prior to using your personal information.
31. You can opt-out, unsubscribe or make a request not to receive direct marketing communications from us, by calling (02 9355 0099) or email (email@example.com). Additionally, each direct marketing communication will include an opt-out or “unsubscribe” option which will immediately indicate to us that you no longer wish to receive communications of this kind. Once you have made a request or indicated that you no longer wish to receive any direct marketing communications from us, we will remove you as soon as practicable from our mailing lists.
32. You may make a request that we do not disclose your personal information to facilitate direct marketing by another organisation and you may request that we provide you with the source of any personal information we use for direct marketing purposes. Any such requests will be actioned within a reasonable period of time and there will be no charges to you for making, or to you from us actioning, such requests.
33. We have implemented appropriate processes and techniques to protect personal information from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In addition, access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.
34. We take all necessary steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
35. While care is taken to protect your personal information, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
36. We take breaches of your privacy very seriously. In the event that there is a data breach relating to personal information that we hold about you, such as loss of, unauthorised access to, or unauthorised disclosure of, the information (Data Breach), we will take immediate steps to contain and remedy any effects of the Data Breach in accordance with our Data Breach Response Plan. Where required under the Act, we will notify both you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) of the Data Breach.
37. We take reasonable steps to ensure that:
(a) the information that we collect about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collection;
(b) when we use your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of use; and
(c) if we disclose your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of disclosure.
38. You warrant that all information that you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date at the relevant time.
39. In the event that circumstances arise in which we need to disclose your personal information to a third party located overseas (Overseas Recipient), such a disclosure will be in compliance with the Act and the APPs.
40. Prior to disclosing your personal information to an Overseas Recipient, APP 8.1 requires that we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the third party recipient of your information complies with the APPs (other than APP 1) in relation to your information, or that the third party recipient is bound by laws that offer you at least as much protection as the APPs and that you are able to enforce your rights under those international laws in the event of any breach unless an exception applies (the Overseas Disclosure Obligations).
41. We will take all reasonable steps to satisfy our Overseas Disclosure Obligations.
42. Usually we will be able to provide you with access to your personal information upon receipt of your written request, by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and confirmation of your identity. There are some limited circumstances in which we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information when requested. Such circumstances might include where access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of another person or where such access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others.
43. Where you request access to your personal information, we will respond to any such request in accordance with the Act.
44. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to your personal information but we will not charge you for any request you might make to access your information.
45. We do what we can to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. To assist us to do this, it is imperative that you provide us with correct information at the time you provide it to us and immediately inform us if any of the information changes at any time. You may make a request that we correct any of your information. We would prefer your request to be in writing. This can be made by email sent to email@example.com.
46. We will respond to any requests regarding the correction of your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made and in accordance with the Act.
47. We will not charge you for any request to correct your personal information, nor will we pass on to you any costs incurred by us in correcting your personal information or for associating a statement with your personal information.
48. We are committed to maintaining and protecting your privacy but it is possible that in limited circumstances, mistakes might be made. If you are concerned with the way your personal information has been handled then you are entitled to make a complaint. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
49. If your personal information has not been handled in an appropriate way, we will do our best to remedy your concerns as quickly as possible.
50. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may approach an external dispute resolution service or apply to the OAIC to have the complaint heard and determined.
51. Wherever it is practicable, we will always provide you with the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us. Alternatively, you may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
54. Please find below our contact details. Please do not hesitate to contact us in relation to any privacy-related concerns and we will use our best endeavours to address any such concerns thoroughly and in a timely manner.
Phone: 02 9355 0099
Post: 24/100 William St, Woolloomooloo, NSW
55. If it is practical to do so, you can contact us without identifying yourself. However, ifyou choose not to identify yourself, it may be more difficult or impossible for us to assist you with your enquiry. This will depend on the nature of your enquiry. Express consent to collection, storage, use and disclosure.